Brexit brings interesting changes in the English Immigration Beaureau and, in general, for all UE and extra-UE citizens.
To enter the UK, the applicant must apply at Visa application centre (VAC) of Teleperformance, which is the commercial partner of the English Embassies. Applications are accepted by appointment and only by filling the form.
Once the appointment has been made, the applicant shall collect all documents needed for visa before applying. Documents are different, depending on the type of required visa.
There are several types of visa to enter the UK: Tourist visa, student visa, work visa and family visa are some of them. This article is about Family visa, as family union shall be un a recognised right, regardless any legislator’s choice.
If you are already in the UK or if you live either in the EEA or in Switzerland, you need a Family of a Settled Person Visa to be reunite with your own family or partner, who are permanently living in the UK.
You can apply either if you are eligible or if you need to:
- Extend your already existing personal visa or family visa;
- Convert your visa to a Family of a Settled Person Visa;
This type of visa is given to persons who wish to reunite to partners or families who are:
- UK citizens;
- UK permanent residents;
- asylum seekers, or humanitarian protection seekers in the UK;
Moreover, it is possible to apply with the purpose to stay with an underage person who has lived in the UK for at least 7 years.
There are some exceptions:
additional and specific documents are required if:
- The applicant lives outside UK;
- The applicant comes from EEA or Switzerland;
- The applicant originally had a temporary work visa;
- The applicant is victim of domestic violence or a widow;
- The applicant has required Family visa before 09/07/2012;
- The applicant is son/daughter or partner of a person who has either asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK;
Visa is issued within 8 weeks from application, if the application is filed either online or by post. Visa is immediately issued using premium services.
The applicant may be contacted by the appointed offices, when the application requires more than 8 weeks to be processed. Family of a Settled Person Visa application costs 811 GBP when filed online or by post, while it costs 1.311 GBP when using premium services.
It lasts 2 years and 6 months. It can be extended under specific conditions. This kind of visa allows the immigrant to work, study and bring other family’s members. However, the immigrant is unable to access Public funds and State aid.